Here is the my "production" schedule for Out in the Garage between now and July 4:
- Do some light editing/proofreading of the manuscript and make sure I am happy with it
- Update downloadable sample to reflect any changes
- Finish uploading files to Create Space and order a proof
- Proofread it for typos when I get it
- Update the manuscript with any (minimal) changes that I have to make
- Upload the updated manuscript (If there aren't many typos, there will be no need for another proof; if there are a lot of typos, I will order another proof and go through it again, just to be safe, and go through the final proofreading process again.)
- Format the eBook version
- Upload eBook version to Smashwords, Kindle Direct Publishing, etc.
- Release for Sale, July 4, 2014
In other news, in my Digital Humanities class, I am doing my paper on digital publishing. I need to do some research and hone the topic down into something that I can write about in 16-20 pages, but, obviously, it is something that really piques my interest, and hopefully I can apply what I learn to this "project" (i.e. this obsession, compulsion, delusion, hobby, dream).
Anyways, I thought some of you might be curious/interested to see my game plan to get this novel finished and out to the public, finally. Well, finally, again. But this is finally, finally (finally!). No matter what happens, I am going to move on, and apply what I learn to the next project. I will say that this version is, in my opinion, anyway, by far the best I have ever done, and I feel like I can be happy with all of my choices, no matter what. I know I keep saying it, but I can't emphasize it enough. This is it.